Put the foot on the road is part of a fishing trip for you? Here’s what to do for the stones and the mud in the middle of the path do not frustrate your adventure
Fisherman is a fisherman is never satisfied with what you have. When you take a first taste of the sport, is looking for new challenges non-stop. The fishing in the “backyard” shall not have more grace, and the time comes to pick the car up and go out in search of new frontiers.
For a successful adventure, planning is crucial. Search for the characteristics of the site, as the best time, infrastructure, access roads and equipment. Of course, we are subject to meet obstacles in different off-road situations, which may be in the midst of the earth, mud, sand, water, or all of them together.
Therefore, we separated some tips to face delicate situations and does not get in the middle of the path.
In the mud
1. Initially, in any type of terrain, before taking a stretch critical, stop the car, get off and analyze the conditions. Look for the best route, and trace the optimal route to be followed.
2. Be careful when following tracks of heavy vehicles, they may be deeper than the height of your vehicle.
3. When approaching a ground inconsistent and muddy, increase the speed by keeping the creep (second or third), and avoid accelerations exaggerated that can make the wheels spin. If the speed drops, increase the chance of jams. To download too much turning of the engine also does not guarantee the optimal torque and affect the traction. Already speed in excess it can generate loss of control and consequent skidding. Therefore, the ideal is to maintain constant acceleration. The thicker the mud, the more reduced should be the reverse.
4. Whenever possible, check if the fenders are covered in clay or not. If they are, wipe it off, or the tire will not eliminate properly the mud from your tread.
5. An extreme measure is to wrap the ropes around the tyres, moving them through the hoop, the more tight as possible. They will work as a current draw.
6. If you feel that the vehicle is to jam, immediately stop accelerating, remove all the weight possible from inside the car, unhook the trailer, get the most of the mud around the wheels and place branches or rocks below the tires.
7. Coming out of the quagmire, tracione the trailer with a rope.
In soft sand
1. If the sand is not compacted, in 4×4 vehicles use the relation tracionada high, with constant speed. Use the reduced only if the car bogged down.
2. Before you get to the part that is critical, look to pack and move with speed continuous. Do not drop the motor to rotate.
3. Careful with the movement of dunes caused by the strong winds. The trail can change drastically from one day to the other.
4. If the car from jamming, do not continue accelerating, it will only sink even more. Engage the reverse gear, the switch moves forward and backward, turn the steering wheel from left to right and dig holes, removing the sand around the wheels. Look for wet area in back of the tires to leave the ground more firm and use tables or the carpet itself from the car under the wheels. Seek help to give momentum to the car at the time of output.
5. Download the calibration of the tyres provides more grip.
In the water
1. Before entering in contact with the water, it is important that the electrical parts of both the car and the trailer, are protected. A solution providential is to apply grease or silicone on the vulnerable parts.
2. If the contact is with salt water, it is essential that the trailer is galvanized, it will suffer less from corrosion.
3. In the case of crossing a stream, inspect in advance the route, check the occurrence of obstacles and the depth. Remember, calm waters may indicate soft bed and deep. Already strong currents can lead to bed with loose stones. When crossing, keep the acceleration constant and low speed, with marches reduced.
4. After leaving stretches of marsh, is indicated to maintain, for a short period of time, the brake pedal lightly pressed, to restore the efficiency of the braking system.
5. When getting off a boat in the water, avoid submerging the car’s exhaust. If the contact is unavoidable, keep the gear engaged and a constant acceleration. In 4×4 vehicles, use the relationship tracionada reduced, so much to descend as to climb with the trailer.
– Before any adventure, it is essential to examine the vehicle, with special attention to the oil level in the engine, in exchange and in the differentials, in addition to brake fluid, water of the engine and, mainly, the condition of the clutch.
– Always try to travel in convoys. Having a support car is essential to face any emergency.
– Take a “survival kit off-road”, which includes shovels, tow ropes, extenders, lanterns, jacks/keys wheel compatible with the trailer, basic tools, fuses, electrical tape and duct tape, and other.
– After driving in mud or sand, clean it and check the disks and brake linings. Such elements can cause braking or uneven brake linings glazed. Also check steering, suspension, wheels, tires and the exhaust system.
– Between the main care, give special attention to the slack and lubrication of the bearings of the wheel hubs of the trailer. The frequent contact with water will cause failure of lubrication, premature. For this reason, are common accidents caused by wheels loose.