Everything related to the seasonal salt water fish!
“If the rape begins to blossom, swims the garfish on the coast” – that’s an old saying of the North. You will now learn my fishing methods, my Angelpätze, a few tips and a way of making about the garfish. For those of you who do not know when the rape begins to bloom: This happens in May. The entire garfish fishing season drags on but from May to August. The garfish can be up to 90 cm tall and is a tasty fish. He is an excellent predator who takes his food with the eye, which is why it makes sense to be fishing the fish during the day.
Fishing methods and device
Horn fish is one of the easiest to beangelnde fish of the Baltic Sea in my opinion. You can be fishing him with many methods, such as the fly, a
pose mounting, indicator, Sbirolino or simply small jigs. I personally angle on the loved one with the flasher, it takes actually to say much, because if the swarm is there, everything will be eaten what moves and sparkles. It comes then not depends on whether you fish with 18 g or 22 g blinkers, with blue-white checkered or money-green lined turn signals. I fish really only two brands: snaps and Falkfish. Sure start also the other brands, but I have a particular confidence in this bait manufacturer simply because I could catch with these yet so often the one or two stragglers at the end of the season. Before this indicator I bind approximately 40 cm 40 Tippets of fluorocarbon since it is quite possible that a sea trout biting during the garfish. The garfish fishing, a soft, sensitive rod is recommended with a casting weight of 8-25 g. A simple fixed spool with a. 12 mm braided cord is completely sufficient. Now a little tip: If you have lots of bug bites and back-up, your three of a kind you have on the direction indicator fitted out, and buttons an approx. 5 cm long piece of string between drilling and indicators. This method proved often since the garfish front have a hard mouth, where triplets don’t really can get stuck. Because the cartilage in the back of the mouth is a little softer, you have better chances. It is especially important because the hard mouth that you used no old, rusty hook, but really razor-sharp device. If you heed these two tips alone, this greatly increases your chances of catching. Now the third and last important Tip: when you purchase the turn signal in your fishing business of confidence, the triplets are much too large for a small garfish beak. Remove the drilling so and a smaller mount. A great alternative is the use of silk loops, building instead of the triple to the flasher. The fine teeth of Hornis very easily find support in the silk, so bug bites are really tremendously reduced. There is a huge drawback however: If a sea trout bites, it is very unlikely that this can be landed.
Another variant, which I like to use is the pose mounting. I use this a with 15 g pose. I bind me a normal pose leader, i.e. I mount a stopper before and after the pose and then tariere out the pose by shot leads. When the hooks I use single hook Gamakatsu brand in size 1. Next I prepare a small herring shred me bite for a garfish beak. It is really important that the herring pieces not to is because the Hornis have a really small mouth. Also, it is important that the bait not, as otherwise often common, close to the ground is placed, but hovers only up to maximum 2 meters below the water surface.
- The choice of location
- As some of you may know, my personal fishing area is the Baltic Sea, especially the Darß. In Germany there are many good fishing spots, fishing selectively on garfish, but the best are mostly brackish water, so Bodden, such as the Strelasund and Rügen Bodden. The fishing on Hornis from a lagoon is especially interesting, because you can get also freshwater predators with the spoons on the hook. Fishing by country on the beak Knights, all places with a low water depth, especially shallow beaches, suitable similar for sea trout fishing. It is also interesting to be fishing fish from jetties or piers, unless there are finding in a sandy underground and not to high water depths. To catch garfish particularly well in places that have a Leopard pattern, present so sand and herb/clams in the Exchange.
- Recipe: In flour fried garfish
- Degree of difficulty: easy duration: 20 min persons: 4
- 1 cup of flour
- Salz, pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Butter & canola oil
- 1 lime
- The preparation:
- Den exclude garfish, cut off head, down grate shed and cut off the fins
- Den disassemble garfish in pan just happen, i.e., cut the fish into pieces of approx. 20 cm long
- Den fish well with paper towel dry thoroughly
- The fish inside and out with flour dust 4.Nun
- Überschüssiges flour must go! (no may clump on the fish flour be)
- Pfanne/n heat equal parts of butter and canola oilKnoblauch ins Fett
- Hornhechte rein
- Den Fisch aus der Pfanne nehmen, sobald die Haut gold- braun knusprig ist (siehe Bild), mit Dill bestreuen und Limette beträufeln
Serve a tasty side dish such as E.g. Rosemary potatoes–Advantage is that the garfish has green bones after roasting, this you can eat particularly well see and remove.I hope you liked this post and you could get a little new.I wish you good appetite and of course as always tight lines!